Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new!

Today was a difficult day here at the Bartlett-Tetzlaff residence. Tanuki, my beloved foster ferret went home with her new family. It's always hard to say goodbye. I just keep telling myself that if I keep them all I'll have no room for new foster pets. Here's a picture of her with the boy that's going to love her next:
Speaking of new foster pets, I just brought home Ruth, a little 2-3 month old mini-lop. She was found outside at a county park in my area. She needs to be fostered because she currently is spraying to mark her territory, but I have confidence that once she gets spayed she'll stop this behavior.
Good girl. She seems to like her litterbox, she just likes marking things as her property more. :)

5 comments:

  1. Both so very cute! I foster doggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Becky! We'll have to swap foster stories, it's always fun to hear about what other people are learning from the experience.

    Your Etsy shop is really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww she's a sweet little bun bun! No rest for the weary, eh? Sounds like Tanuki will have a great new home, thanks to you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Tanuki will have a great life. There were points in time that I really wanted to adopt her, and now I'm glad I held off.

    Ruth is definitely a very sweet bunny, but her behavioral problems are disturbing. She definitely loves people, though. I don't thinks he meant to offend me when she sprayed me with her urine. She's also spraying the baseboards around her enclosure. Here's hoping that the spay will take care of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your comment! the basket has been pretty handy.

    that bunny is the cutest. i'm also happy to have found a fellow felt crafter :)

    ReplyDelete