Friday, June 4, 2010

A Pleasant, Unexpected Surprise


Tonight was the evening of the awards ceremony for the school I taught at this last semester. Students are presented with awards, and at the end, everyone enjoys delicious dessert. Since going vegan a year ago, I've learned to expect to not partake in such delicious desserts. I just can't expect food to be free of dairy, especially since I live in Wisconsin (formally known as the dairy state, curse you California for stripping us of our title!!!).

Anyway, this evening was different. Upon arrival I was greeted in the parking lot by one of my students, who had made a special vegan dessert for me. It was a Swiss Cake Roll pie. Delicious! I couldn't believe it. First of all, how thoughtful is that?! Second of all, it was probably one of the most delicious desserts I have ever eaten, before or after making the decision to stop eating dairy.

What a pleasant surprise! Too bad I didn't get the recipe from him...

No comments:

Post a Comment